Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Start the mixer on slow speed and beat until evenly mixed.
- 30 min.Your rich hazelnut buttercream is ready.
Refrigerate in a sealed container for at least half an hour before using.
Remarks:Do be careful when choosing the ground hazelnuts. Buy the best quality you can, as recent as possible and preferably organic. These will be dearer, of course, but so much better.
For an even more intense hazelnut flavour, use a hazelnut liqueur instead of the rum.
You might like to try making a hazelnut frangipane, by adding 350 g of cold confectioner's custard (crème pâtissière, or french pastry cream) to the finished hazelnut buttercream. This should be added a little at a time with the mixer running.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French croissants, Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Crispy prawn rolls, ... [All]
- Ground hazelnuts: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chestnut moelleux, Chocolate mousse with hazelnuts, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Finger biscuits, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Royal icing, Brioche slices with almond cream, ... [All]