Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Start the mixer on slow speed and beat until evenly mixed.
- 30 min.Your rich hazelnut buttercream is ready.
Refrigerate in a sealed container for at least half an hour before using.
Remarks:Do be careful when choosing the ground hazelnuts. Buy the best quality you can, as recent as possible and preferably organic. These will be dearer, of course, but so much better.
For an even more intense hazelnut flavour, use a hazelnut liqueur instead of the rum.
You might like to try making a hazelnut frangipane, by adding 350 g of cold confectioner's custard (crème pâtissière, or french pastry cream) to the finished hazelnut buttercream. This should be added a little at a time with the mixer running.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed Green Vegetables, Four quarters, Salmon chard rolls, Langoustine gratin, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, ... [All]
- Ground hazelnuts: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chestnut moelleux, Chocolate mousse with hazelnuts, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Oat financiers for Louise, Marzipan (almond paste), Nanou's chocolate cake, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Sicilian Epiphany Pie, ... [All]
- Cornflour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond cream or frangipane, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Pistachio custard tart, Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, Lemon Confectioner's Custard, ... [All]