Step by step recipe:
- 9 min.
- 5 min.Cut 2 slices smoked salmon into small pieces, put in a bowl with 1 tbs cocktail sauce and mix well.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Cut ½ lettuce into fine shreds (chiffonade), put in a bowl with 1 tbs cocktail sauce and mix well.
- 1 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham in two and put each half in a hot frying pan for 20 seconds on each side.
- 4 min.Toast 12 slices Sandwich bread.
- 1 min.Start assembling sandwiches:
Put 1 slice of toast in front of you, add a half slice of fried ham.
- 2 min.Put on some shredded lettuce.
- 2 min.Then crab or salmon depending which sandwich you are making.
- 2 min.Put another slice of toast on top.
- 3 min.Another layer of salad, 2 tomato quarters and more crab (or salmon).
- 2 min.Finish with a final slice of toast.
- 1 min.Fix with 2 tooth-picks to keep it all together.
- 5 min.Trim sandwich edges with a bread (or other serrated) knife, then cut diagonally into two triangles.
Traditionally, club sandwiches are served in triangle shapes.
- Serve 1 crab triangle and 1 salmon triangle per guest.
Remarks:Club sandwiches are very filling, it's a main course rather than a starter.
If you don't like cocktail sauce, don't hesitate to make them with mayonnaise or sauce rémoulade.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Crab meat: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Seafood feuillantines, Verrine of avocado mousse and crab, Breton Sandwich, Crab Cakes, ... [All]
- Sandwich bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken club sandwich, Fried egg in bread, Grilled cheese, Eggs Benedict , Croque-monsieur, ... [All]
- Cocktail sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]