Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Put 250 g crab meat into a bowl and pour 2 tablespoons lemon juice over.
- 4 min.
- 4 min.
- 2 min.Mix all this together.
If the mixture is too wet or soft, add more breadcrumbs.
- 10 min.Shape into thick cakes with your hands or, for a more regular shape, use a cutter and a tablespoon.
- 30 min.Use up all the mixture, then refrigerate the prepared crab cakes for at least 30 minutes. This will firm them up so that they do not fall apart during cooking.
- 1 min.Pour 6 tablespoons oil into a frying pan on medium heat. When hot, gently lower in 2 crab cakes.
- 10 min.Fry the crab cakes on both sides until nicely browned.
Cook all the cakes like this, putting them on absorbant paper to drain off excess oil as you take them out of the pan.
- Serve with a green salad or coleslaw and a dollop of mayonnaise on top.
Remarks:For a more robust flavour, you can replace the mayonnaise with a spoonful of mustard.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Crab meat: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Verrine of avocado mousse and crab, Breton Sandwich, Seafood feuillantines, Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pork chops in the oven, Taos hotpot, Ali Baba bread, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, How to prevent butter burning during cooking, ... [All]
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato ladybirds, Cubed salad, Baked potoatoes with herb butter or cream , Royal icing, Chocolate mousse, ... [All]