Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Preheat your oven at 360°F (180°C).
Wash carefully potatoes with a brush or scratch sponge, if possible don't peel them, and put in the oven 20 minutes before cheese.
- 3 min.Open cheese and lay box in its lid.
With a teaspoon make a small hole in the center.
As the chef you are alone allowed to taste the cheese now!
- 3 min.Surround wood box with aluminum foil just in case, and fill the hole with dry white wine.
- 2 min.Lay cheese on a tray and put in the oven too.
- 30 min.Let cheese about 30 minutes until it melt completely...
- ...and top is well brown and crusty (for that don't hesitate to switch on your oven grill for a few minutes at the end).
- Put cheese and potatoes in the middle of the table, everyone take itself in potatoes, cut in pieces and add melted cheese.
Remarks:If you can't get Mont d'or in your area try other cheeses, if possible soft paste with a wooden box.
You can serve this with cooked meats, and a green salad with French dressing.
And to drink?A good white wine if possible from the same Area, a Jura's wine of course or one of those delicious White wine from Savoie. If you don't like white wine, try a not too strong red, something like a Beaujolais.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Winegrowers' sausage casserole, Fisherman's Ragout, Potato and broccoli gratin, Minestrone, Real home-made chips* , ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Artichoke hearts forestier , Curried prawn risotto, Mussels marinière, Jura bread, ... [All]
- Mont-d'Or cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Sausage with duchess potatoes and a Mont d'Or fondue , Gratin of Endives with Mont d'Or, Dipping bread with cheese, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, ... [All]