Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut 800 g cooked potatoes into medium slices.
- 4 min.Butter a gratin dish and spread half the potatoes in an even layer.
- 3 min.Spread 400 g cooked spinach on top and salt lightly.
- 5 min.Make a top layer with the remaining potatoes. Salt lightly.
- 7 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Pour 200 ml liquid cream into a saucepan, salt and pepper, then bring to the boil on medium heat.
- 10 min.
- 1 min.Pour this mixture over the dish.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
Remarks:Mont d'Or is a delicious seasonal cheese that I particularly recommend for this recipe, but if you don't have any, use another cheese you enjoy, preferably a "soft paste" type.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Potatoes with smoked salmon, Eggs Comtoise, Salmon marinated like herring, Gratin du Nord, Röstis, ... [All]
- Cooked spinach: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy spinach rolls, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Cauliflower curry, Chocolate mug cake, Lemon creams, ... [All]
- Mont d'Or cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hot box cheese , Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Quick courgette soup with cheese, Sausage with duchess potatoes and a Mont d'Or fondue , Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, ... [All]