Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
Prepare the pumpkins
Use one small pumpkin (about 11 ounces or 300 g) per person.
Slice just a little off the bottom so that it will sit firmly on the plate.
Take care to leave a good thickness of skin, or the pumpkin may leak during cooking.
- 4 min.Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds from the centre of each pumpkin, then
salt and pepper the inside.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 5 min.Slice the cheeses thinly and divide between the pumpkins.
- 2 min.Pour a spoonful of cream over the cheese, then salt lightly and pepper.
- 40 min.
Cook the pumpkins
Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.
Remarks:You can use any combination of cheeses you prefer, rather than this (delicious) trio from the Franche-Comté.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, How to prepare a pumpkin (or potimarron), Taos hotpot, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Potimarron braised in meat jus, ... [All]
- Morbier cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Montbenoit's canapés, ... [All]
- Comté cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Involtinis, Potato gratin, Special Cheese and Walnut Sticks, Small cheese and bacon rolls , Salmon and spinach quiche, ... [All]
- Mont d'Or cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Quick courgette soup with cheese, Hot box cheese , Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Dipping bread with cheese, ... [All]