Step by step recipe:
Cook the leeks in 2 stagesClean and peel 500 g leeks. Instead of slicing straight across, cut them on the diagonal.
- Steam the leeks: the best way is to use a steamer basket so they sit just above the water, not in contact with it, and put the pan on high heat.
- Cook uncovered and keep an eye on both their texture and colour - they should stay nice and green and still have a little "bite".
Please note that we don't salt them when steaming.
- Whisk frequently and for a good while over the bain-marie...
- This is best served in individual hot dishes. Arrange a layer of leeks and pour the sabayon over. Finish with a little freshly ground pepper.
Remarks:Of course, if you have jus from another type of mushrooms, this will also work well.
For a more delicate flavour, replace 1/3 of the mushroom jus with the same volume of Vin Jaune - it's superb! (if you like Vin Jaune, that is...).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Leek: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and tuna loaf, Thaï rice with small vegetables, Taos hotpot, Chinese Soup, Chinese style chicken, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Choux pastry (pâte à choux), How to fry eggs well, Brownie, Pretzels, Potato and broccoli gratin, ... [All]
- Mushroom "jus": You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]