Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 10 min.Peel 300 g turnip, rinse and cut into chunks.
Peel 300 g potatoes, rinse and cut into chunks.
- 8 min.
- 7 min.Cut 400 g beef and 400 g chicken breast into fairly large dice.
- 12 min.Pour 4 tablespoons oil into a large casserole or stewpot on high heat.
When really hot, fry the meat rapidly until browned, starting with the chicken, then the beef.
- Set aside the meat.
- 2 min.Add 4 tablespoons oil to the pan and when hot, add the chopped onion.
Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3 min.Tip in all the vegetables and meats, add 4 tablespoons chili spices, salt and pepper, then stir well.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes like this, stirring frequently.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Bring to the boil.
- 2 hoursCover, turn the heat down to its lowest and leave to cook for at least 2 hours.
- 10 min.Shortly before serving, prepare 800 g Polenta.
- Bring both the hotpot and the polenta pan straight to the table, so that everyone can help themselves to polenta first, then spoon the vegetables, meat and cooking juices on top.
Remarks:Taos hotpot, like any slow-cooked dish, can be reheated and served again several times - it just gets better every time. As the quantities are mostly for guidance, do adapt it to suit whatever vegetables or meat you have handy.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Toffee apple upside-down cake, Leavened bread, Sausage and lentils "en cocotte", How to prepare endives , Chocolate eclairs, ... [All]
- Polenta: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rata-tart, Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, ... [All]
- Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron and leek soup, Potimarron braised in meat jus, How to prepare a pumpkin (or potimarron), Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, ... [All]
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed pumpkin gratin, Paella, Lille style chicken, Vol-au-vent, Chicken club sandwich, ... [All]