Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 10 min.Peel 300 g turnip, rinse and cut into chunks.
Peel 300 g potatoes, rinse and cut into chunks.
- 8 min.
- 7 min.Cut 400 g beef and 400 g chicken breast into fairly large dice.
- 12 min.Pour 4 tablespoons oil into a large casserole or stewpot on high heat.
When really hot, fry the meat rapidly until browned, starting with the chicken, then the beef.
- Set aside the meat.
- 2 min.Add 4 tablespoons oil to the pan and when hot, add the chopped onion.
Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3 min.Tip in all the vegetables and meats, add 4 tablespoons chili spices, salt and pepper, then stir well.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes like this, stirring frequently.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Bring to the boil.
- 2 hoursCover, turn the heat down to its lowest and leave to cook for at least 2 hours.
- 10 min.Shortly before serving, prepare 800 g Polenta.
- Bring both the hotpot and the polenta pan straight to the table, so that everyone can help themselves to polenta first, then spoon the vegetables, meat and cooking juices on top.