Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Dice 250 g cooked chicken.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Use a large pan that can go both on the hob and in the oven. Melt 20 g goose fat on medium heat. When good and hot, add the chopped onion.
Salt and pepper, then cook without colouring while stirring for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 1 min.Tip in 300 ml rice all at once and cook while stirring for about 1 minute.
- The rice should "pearl" (become translucent).
- 2 min.Pour in 450 ml poultry cooking juices and mix briefly.
- 20 min.Cover with aluminium foil (or an oven-proof lid) and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 1 min.While the rice is cooking, pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on medium heat. When hot, add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper, then cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 5 min.Add the chopped leeks, mix well and cook until the leeks are just tender but still nice and green (about 4 or 5 minutes).
- 2 min.Add the diced chicken, mix well, salt and pepper again, then check the seasoning.
Leave to heat through for 1 or 2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- 3 min.When the rice is cooked, take it out of the oven and add the chicken and leek mixture. Mix well.
- Serve piping hot.
Remarks:You will probably have understood already that this is an ideal way to use up bits of leftover chicken, especially in the days after cooking five hours poultry. Of course, if you don't have your own cooking juices, you can use a simple chicken stock, but it will less rich and flavoursome.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Poultry cooking juices: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron braised in meat jus, ... [All]
- Rice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to cook rice in rice-cooker, Rice pudding (riz au lait), Sushi, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Koulibiak in pie dish, ... [All]
- Leek: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and Mimolette tart, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , Breton leek and mushroom tart, Scallops with fondue of leeks, ... [All]