Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Begin by preparing the vinaigrette: put 2 tablespoons vinegar, 4 tablespoons walnut oil, 1 tablespoon French mustard, salt and pepper into a jar.
- 1 min.Fasten the lid tightly and shake the jar vigorously for a few seconds. Your vinaigrette is ready.
- 5 min.Prepare the endives by pulling off the outer leaves.
- 5 min.Then cut out the base of the stalk to make them less bitter,.
- 5 min.Cut the endives in half lengthways, then chop fairly small with a knife.
- 3 min.Tip the endives into a salad bowl, add 50 g walnut kernels, then pour the vinaigrette over and mix well.
Your endive salad is ready.
Remarks:For even more delicious nutty flavour, you can toast the walnuts by spreading them on a baking sheet and putting them in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 5 minutes.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Walnut kernels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Raw beetroot salad, Moist cereal bars, Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, Valay-Brest, Raw beetroot mousse with walnuts, ... [All]
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Endive and beer soup, Endives , Flamiche, Endives "bonne femme", Endive gratin with cancoillotte, ... [All]
- Walnut oil: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Beetroot and cream cheese verrines, ... [All]
- Vinegar: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Vol-au-vent, Salade Niçoise, Rémoulade dressing, Raw beetroot salad, Quiche Lorraine, ... [All]