Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Knead for a few minutes until evenly mixed.
- 2 min.Gather the dough into a ball and flatten this into a "cake", then place on a sheet of cooking parchment.
- 5 min.
- ...until it is the right size for your tart dish or tin.
Refrigerate the pastry (still between its sheets of paper) for at least 1 hour.
Note: the pastry can be made to this stage the day before.
- 15 min.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Add the endives and leek, mix well and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 7 min.
- 5 min.
Cook the tartPreheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Line the tart tin or dish with the circle of pastry.
- 2 min.Pour the filling into the pastry case.
- 30 min.Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Do watch the colour of the top, which should just be nicely browned.
Serve either warm or cold.
Remarks:For a quicker version of this recipe, you can use normal shortcrust pastry, or even puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée). However, do try this authentic lard-based version if you can.
Source:Based on a recipe by Joël Robuchon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crème de foie gras, French toast "cordon bleu", Langoustine gratin, Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, Penne with Mushrooms, ... [All]
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Endives "bonne femme", Gratin du Nord, Thin endive tart, Endive and walnut salad, Endive and beer soup, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kugelhof for Nanou, Red mullet fillets with a reduced white-wine sauce, Linzer torte, Dublin fruit scones, Lumberjack turnovers, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Arizona cupcakes, Chocolate mousse, Langoustine gratin, Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), ... [All]