Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Prepare and rinse 750 g green beans.
- 2 min.It isn't essential, but the beans are much more pleasant to eat and cook more rapidly if they are cut up.
- 7 min.Tip the beans into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook until tender.
- 2 min.Drain them...
- 2 min...and dry thoroughly (you can also use a salad spinner for this).
It is most important for the beans to be "dry", otherwise they will release water once in the salad bowl and ruin the vinaigrette.
- 4 min.
- 1 min.Put the beans, shallot and and herbs into a salad bowl...
- 2 min....add 5 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette), mix well and it's ready.
Remarks:A variant is to mix in the beans while they are still hot (well drained, of course) for a delicious warm brean salad.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Macédoine of vegetables, Green beans with tomatoes, Minestrone, Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, Rolls of fish in smoked ham, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Chickpea salad, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Mixed salad stack, Leeks in vinaigrette , ... [All]
- Herbs of your choice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy smoked salmon and herb rolls, Mixed tomato salad, "Land and sea" kebabs, Five hours poultry, Baked potoatoes with herb butter or cream , ... [All]