Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 7 min.Fry 200 g small pieces of bacon, add 2 tablespoons vinegar at the end of cooking and set aside.
- 15 min.Toast 200 g walnut kernels for 15 minutes in the oven at 360°F (180°C).
- 4 min.You can rub the walnuts in a teatowel when they come out of the oven to help remove the skins, but this is not essential.
- 2 min.Mix the walnuts, bacon and Comté together.
- 3 min.
- 1 hour 30 min.Gather the dough into a ball, transfer to a large, clean bowl and cover with a plastic sheet. Leave to rest for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 20 min.After this, weigh out the dough into lumps of about 300 g and shape into balls.
Leave to rest for 20 minutes covered with a plastic sheet.
- 1 hourNext, roll the balls out into long sticks and lay in a baguette mould or tin.
Leave to rest for 1 hour, covered with a plastic sheet as before.
- 25 min.Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes at 250°C (480°F) until the mini-baguettes are golden brown.
Note: As when baking any bread, you should ensure that the oven is filled with steam for the first 15 minutes of baking. This page shows you how; it really is the secret of golden-brown, crusty loaves..
- Served sliced as an aperitif snack, for example, success is guaranteed!
Remarks:If you do not have any Comté, try and use a similar kind of cheese, such as Gruyère or Emmental.
You will notice that the added goodies amount to nearly as much as the bread dough itself. This may seem a lot, but it is the secret that puts the "special" in a special bread.