Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
Prepare 1 pork loin and split in two lengthways, without completely severing.
Salt and pepper the inside and outside of the pork.
- 2 min.Spread a layer of mustard on each side.
- 1 min.Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 1 min.Then close up the pork again.
- 7 min.Wrap the pork completely in the thinly-sliced bacon.
Note: French bacon ("lard" in French) is often sold as whole joints for cutting up at home. However, for this recipe it is best to use ready-siced bacon, or ask your butcher to slice it thinly for you.
- 2 min.Place the larded joint in an ovenproof dish or roasting tin and baste with oil using a brush.
- 1 hourRoast in the oven for about an hour, watching for colouration.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Slice the pork and serve with your choice of accompaniment (here it is romanesco sautéd in butter).