Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
Prepare 1 pork loin and split in two lengthways, without completely severing.
Salt and pepper the inside and outside of the pork.
- 2 min.Spread a layer of mustard on each side.
- 1 min.Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 1 min.Then close up the pork again.
- 7 min.Wrap the pork completely in the thinly-sliced bacon.
Note: French bacon ("lard" in French) is often sold as whole joints for cutting up at home. However, for this recipe it is best to use ready-siced bacon, or ask your butcher to slice it thinly for you.
- 2 min.Place the larded joint in an ovenproof dish or roasting tin and baste with oil using a brush.
- 1 hourRoast in the oven for about an hour, watching for colouration.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Slice the pork and serve with your choice of accompaniment (here it is romanesco sautéd in butter).
Remarks:For the mustard, I recommend the traditional whole-grain variety.
Source:A book I leafed through in Dialogues.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Roast beef "like they do it in Santa Fe", Rabbit terrine, Potato wallets, Cassoulet, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, ... [All]
- French mustard: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable pie, Lemon Mayonnaise, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Endive and walnut salad, Celeriac soup with mustard, ... [All]
- Pork loin: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , Pork medallions with "full" turnips, Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , Mexican-style pork medallions , ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, Oven omelette, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Salmon marinated like herring, Pork chops in the oven, ... [All]