Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Cut 100 g belly (streaky) bacon into strips (you can use ham instead if you prefer).
- 5 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on high heat. When good and hot, add the bacon.
Leave to fry, stirring from time to time.
- 10 min.Add 200 g peeled tomatoes, mix well and turn down the heat.
Leave to simmer gently uncovered.
- 8 min.Meanwhile, cook 200 g pasta.
- 2 min.As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain thoroughly and add to the saucepan.
Mix well and serve without delay.
Remarks:You can bring a little more sophistication to the recipe by adding other ingredients to the saucepan in Step 3: a bayleaf, a clove of garlic "en chemise", a sprig of thyme, or any other herbs you like.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pasta: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Spaghetti with mushrooms, Penne with purple artichokes, Penne with Mushrooms, Tagliatelle with cockles, Pasta with mushrooms, ... [All]
- Peeled tomatoes: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sausages with baked beans, French style, Pissaladière with puff pastry, Tomato sauce for pizzas, ... [All]
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chicken club sandwich, Roast beef "like they do it in Santa Fe", Rillons de Tours, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Filo leeks and cheese tart, Two-olive ciabatta, Cod loin with saffron, Carbonnade, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, ... [All]