Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Cut 100 g belly (streaky) bacon into strips (you can use ham instead if you prefer).
- 5 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on high heat. When good and hot, add the bacon.
Leave to fry, stirring from time to time.
- 10 min.Add 200 g peeled tomatoes, mix well and turn down the heat.
Leave to simmer gently uncovered.
- 8 min.Meanwhile, cook 200 g pasta.
- 2 min.As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain thoroughly and add to the saucepan.
Mix well and serve without delay.
Remarks:You can bring a little more sophistication to the recipe by adding other ingredients to the saucepan in Step 3: a bayleaf, a clove of garlic "en chemise", a sprig of thyme, or any other herbs you like.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Peeled tomatoes: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sausages with baked beans, French style, Pissaladière with puff pastry, Tomato sauce for pizzas, ... [All]
- Pasta: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pasta with mushrooms, Pasta with green asparagus, Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Penne with Mushrooms, Tagliatelle with cockles, ... [All]
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Confit of carrots with bacon, "Land and sea" kebabs, Potato wallets, Rabbit terrine, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, ... [All]