Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Salt and pepper the lamb all over.
- 5 min.
- 7 hoursCook in the oven at 120°C (250°F) for 7 hours.
- 10 min.Towards the end of this cooking time, turn the oven up to 200°C (390°F) for the last 10 minutes.
- 5 min.Turn the lamb out gently onto the serving plate. Discard the bone and cloves of garlic.
Serve the dish in the centre of the table so that your guests can serve themselves with a fork.
Remarks:When buying your leg of lamb, there is no need to ask the butcher to de-bone it. In fact, if you cook it on the bone, this will improve the flavour.
Do choose locally produced lamb if at all possible, which has not already come halfway round the world before ending up in your kirchen. Trust your butcher!
The 7-hour cooking time is not absolutely fixed, so if you raise the temperature, you can reduce the cooking time: 5 hours at 150°C (300°F), for example.
You can accompany the lamb with just about anything you choose: vegetables, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. Simply serve the cooking juices in a jug or drain them off from the bag 10 minutes before the end of cooking and reduce them over low heat.
And to drink?A robust red wine, such as a Shiraz.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Garlic clove: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fried eggs with tomatoes, Penne with purple artichokes, Couscous, Five hours poultry, Preserved tomatoes, ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable stock, Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, Warm lentil salad, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Pea risotto "mantecare", Potatoes with prawns, Seafood sauerkraut, Curried prawn risotto, ... [All]