Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
Prepare the filling
Roughly chop 150 g green olives.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.
- 1 min....then mix all this together.
- In bread-making, the water temperature is always important. It's not a fixed value, but related to 3 other temperatures: 1) the temperature of your flour, 2) the room temperature in your kitchen, and 3) the basic temperature of this recipe, which is 56-60°C.
You can calculate the temperature of the water for this recipe in one click, using this small calculator.
- 5 min.
- 16 min.Knead on slow speed for 16 minutes.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- 1 min.Towards the end of kneading, add 50 g olive oil in a thin stream.
- Tip: you can use the oil from the preserved (or sun-dried) tomatoes as the olive oil.
- 1 min.Finish by adding 1 tablespoon oregano.
- 1 min.Add the filling mixture...
- 2 min....and knead just enough to mix this in.
- 2 hoursGather the dough into a ball, transfer to a large, clean bowl and cover with a plastic sheet.
Leave to rest for 2 hours.
- 20 min.After resting, weigh out the dough into 300 g lumps and shape into balls. Leave these to rest for 30 minutes, covered with a plastic sheet (so that they do not form a crust).
- 1 hourAfter this, reshape the balls and put into "bannetons" (baskets).
Leave to rise, covered with plastic as before, for 1 hour.
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 480°F (250°C).
Just before putting in the oven, slash the top of the bread.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes.
Remarks:If you don't have any oregano, you can use thyme or a mix like "herbes de Provence" instead.
The yeast can be replaced with 300 g of soured dough.
Source:Home made but dedicated to Arnaud the french-cretan guy
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Seeded loaf, Mustard baps, Olive and pesto bread, Loaf for "les filles'", Bacon rolls, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French onion soup, How to prepare endives , Pizza dough, Minted Melon, Naan, ... [All]
- Green olives: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Loaf for "les filles'", Tomato foccacia, Two-olive ciabatta, Olive and pesto bread, ... [All]