Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add 300 g minced beef and 1 tablespoon spices for couscous.
- 10 min.Cook but do not allow to brown too much. Check seasoning.
- 3 min.Tip the meat mixture into a bowl and add the chopped coriander, 2 tablespoons grated cheese, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and mix well.
Make the brik rolls
Place a small amount of filling on a sheet of brik (or filo)...
- ...and roll up, folding the sides inwards...
- ...until you have a neat roll with the "seam" underneath.
- 10 min.Make all the rolls like this.
Note: the rolls can be frozen at this stage, if need be.
- 7 min.
Fry the rolls
Pour 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
When really hot (lightly smoking), lower the rolls into the pan and fry...
- ...until browned all over.
You may need to do this in batches, if you have made a lot of rolls. Ideally, they should not touch in the pan, or they will stick to each other.
The rolls are ready!
Remarks:If you do not have any coriander, just use parsley.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Minced beef: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hamburgers, Meatballs, Spaghetti Bolognese, Gisèle's Pasties, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, ... [All]
- Sheet of brik pastry: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy cheese parcels, Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Crispy spinach rolls, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Feta and spinach brik pie, ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton galettes (pancakes), Soufflée omelette with cheese, Endives , Bolognaise lasagne, Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, ... [All]