Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Weight 150 g walnut kernels.
- 2 min.Put them in the food processor with 150 g icing sugar.
- 2 min.Switch on food processor, and as soon as walnuts are reduced to a powder, add egg white...
- 3 min....a spoonful at a time, until paste starts to gather together.
Finish with your hand, gathering all the paste into a ball.
- 5 min.Shape the ball into a thick disc, wrap in plastic film and keep in the fridge.
Remarks:Walnut paste is very tasty. It's a delight, but if it seems too strong for you, you can make "Walnut-almond paste" instead by replacing half the weight of walnuts with ground almonds.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Walnut kernels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Moist cereal bars, Valay-Brest, Special Cheese and Walnut Sticks, Endive and walnut salad, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Walnut short bread, Nanou's chocolate cake, Jam doughnuts, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Financiers, Amaretti, Royal icing, Italian Meringue, Pistachio "Financiers", ... [All]