Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Peel the pears, cut into quarters and remove the core.
Cut each quarter in half again.
- 2 min.Spread 200 g Stewed apple (compote) in an even layer in the pastry case.
- 5 min.Arrange the pear slices on top of the stewed apple in a rosette pattern.
- 35 min.And bake for about 35 minutes.
- 2 min.
Remarks:You can also make this tart the other way round: sliced apples on top of stewed pears.
Mmmm! A tart made with slightly "tart" fruit - that would go so well with a dollop of chantilly cream...
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Poire Belle Hélène, Pear sorbet, Pear and lime meringue pie, French Family Cake, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , ... [All]
- Stewed apple (compote): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Express apple tart, Linzer torte, Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ham spirals, Caramelised apple pie, Ham "friand" pie, Epiphany galette, Chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]