Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 hoursShape the dough into a flat cake and wrap in plastic film. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 7 min.After this resting time, roll out the dough and prick all over with a fork or pastry pricker (pique-vite).
- 5 min.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Cut out circles with a cutter for round biscuits. For rectangular ones, cut strips, then cut these across into rectangles.
- 5 min.
- 20 min.Cook until the biscuits are a light golden brown.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Transfer the ganache into a forcing bag .
Pipe a generous strip of chocolate along the rectangular biscuits.
- 5 min.Then cover with a second biscuit and press lightly so that it is level and sticks.
Ideally the chocolate should show on each side without spilling out. Scrape off any excess with a knife.
- For round biscuits, pipe a circle.
- And as before, place a second biscuit on top and press down lightly.
- 2 hoursAssemble all the biscuits like this then refrigerate for a few hours to set the ganache completely.
Your "BN style" biscuits are ready.
Remarks:You can add extra filling if you prefer: 2 strips for the rectangular biscuits or 2 circles for the round ones.
The biscuits used here are rather dry by choice, but use your imagination and try this with richer biscuits (shortbread style) or with a stronger flavour (almonds, oats, etc.).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cod loin with saffron, Gâteau Basque , French Family Cake, Chocolate and matcha tea biscuits, Bechamel sauce, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Choux pastry (pâte à choux), Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , Melon with port sorbet, Checkerboard biscuits, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, ... [All]
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate Chantilly , Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, Chocolate madeleines, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Millefeuille, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potato and broccoli gratin, Marchand de vin sauce, Sausage buckwheat pancakes, Kouign-amann, Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, ... [All]