Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 4 min.Beat until evenly mixed.
- 30 min.
- 4 min.Chop 40 g marrons glacés (candied chestnuts) into small dice.
- 4 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
You can put the mixture into a forcing bag to make life easier, but this is not essential.
- 4 min.Put a little of the mixture into each cake mould or tin, then add a few chopped marrons glacés on top.
- 4 min.Cover with more cake mixture (you should not be able to see the marrons glacés), then use a brush to glaze the tops with beaten egg.
- 20 min.Bake for about 20-25 minutes, watching carefully for browning towards the end of the cooking time. Be careful not to overcook, or the cakes will be too dry.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:If you don't have cornflour, you can use ordinary plain flour or chestnut flour instead, but the cake texture will be a little less moist.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweet chestnut purée (crème de marrons): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, Chestnut Fudge Cupcakes, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Prune Far, Eggs in brioche nests, Brownie, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Steak burger topped with egg, Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Arizona cupcakes, Rosemary steamed fish, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, ... [All]