Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
Melt 60 g butter in a small pan on low heat, then set aside.
- 3 min.In another pan, put 125 g honey.
- 3 min.Heat 100 ml water and pour into pan with honey. Add 60 g brown sugar, mix well to dissolve, and add 1 tablespoon rum and a pinch of salt.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Add 12 g gingerbread spice mix.
- 2 min.Then 1 egg and melted butter, not too hot.
- 3 min.Switch on food processor (if you have a Kenwood, use the "K" Beater) and knead at slow speed 2 or 3 minutes, until mix is homogeneous.
- 3 min.Pour mixture into a cake mould, non-stick if possible.
- 40 min.Cook for about 40 minutes.
Don't turn out immediately, but allow cool slightly first.