Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
Melt 60 g butter in a small pan on low heat, then set aside.
- 3 min.In another pan, put 125 g honey.
- 3 min.Heat 100 ml water and pour into pan with honey. Add 60 g brown sugar, mix well to dissolve, and add 1 tablespoon rum and a pinch of salt.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Add 12 g gingerbread spice mix.
- 2 min.Then 1 egg and melted butter, not too hot.
- 3 min.Switch on food processor (if you have a Kenwood, use the "K" Beater) and knead at slow speed 2 or 3 minutes, until mix is homogeneous.
- 3 min.Pour mixture into a cake mould, non-stick if possible.
- 40 min.Cook for about 40 minutes.
Don't turn out immediately, but allow cool slightly first.
Remarks:Afficionados of ginger bread (like Robert) say that it's better not too fresh (the next day maybe), sliced and buttered.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate almond cookies, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Génoise (Genoa sponge), Fish in a sesame crust, Dublin fruit scones, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sandwich bread, Lumberjack turnovers, Benoîton, Jura bread, Fougasse with bacon and Comté, ... [All]
- Honey: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Panettone, Chocolate madeleines, Nonettes, Nougat, Cranachan, ... [All]