Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 15 min.
- 2 hoursStart kneading on slow speed, pouring in the milk and sugar mixture in a thin stream.
Continue kneading for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and evenly mixed.
Cover the bowl and leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
- 5 min.After this rising time, tip the dough onto the worktop and roll out to 1 cm or ½ inch thick.
Note: flour the worktop liberally as the dough is sticky.
- 5 min.Cut the dough into circles about 7 cm or 2.5 inches in diameter.
- To fill the doughnuts you can use two methods.
Wet the tops of 2 circles of dough with a brush.
Place a spoonful of jam on one of the circles.
- Place the second circle on top with the wet face downwards and press the edge down to seal it.
- Second method:
Spread a circle of dough out with your fingers until it is about twice the size.
Wet the top surface and place a spoonful of jam in the centre.
- 30 min.Fold the edge in over the top and press to seal.
Place the doughnut with the join underneath.
- 1 hourArrange all the doughnuts on a baking sheet, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for one hour.
- 20 min.After they have risen, fry the doughnuts until they are golden brown on both sides.
- 3 min.To finish, sprinkle a little icing sugar over the top.
Remarks:My favourite jam for the filling is raspberry, but you can use any flavour. You might also like to try them with stewed apple or even chocolate ganache.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Toasted almond cake, Bechamel sauce, Gâteau Nantais, Langoustine sabayon tart, Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Pesto crackers, Chocolate tart, Chocolate eclairs, Apricot blancmange, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Parcels of fish fillet in spinach, Potatoes with prawns, Kouign-amann brioche, Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Little Christmas biscuits, ... [All]