Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Warm 250 ml milk, 50 g caster sugar and 10 g Vanilla sugar.
- 15 min.Put in a food processor bowl: 500 g flour, 50 g butter, 2 eggs, 20 g yeast and 1 pinch salt.
- 2 hoursStart kneading on slow speed, pouring in the milk and sugar mixture in a thin stream.
Continue kneading for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and evenly mixed.
Cover the bowl and leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
- 5 min.After this rising time, tip the dough onto the worktop and roll out to 1 cm or ½ inch thick.
Note: flour the worktop liberally as the dough is sticky.
- 5 min.Cut the dough into circles about 7 cm or 2.5 inches in diameter.
- To fill the doughnuts you can use two methods.
Wet the tops of 2 circles of dough with a brush.
Place a spoonful of jam on one of the circles.
- Place the second circle on top with the wet face downwards and press the edge down to seal it.
- Second method:
Spread a circle of dough out with your fingers until it is about twice the size.
Wet the top surface and place a spoonful of jam in the centre.
- 30 min.Fold the edge in over the top and press to seal.
Place the doughnut with the join underneath.
- 1 hourArrange all the doughnuts on a baking sheet, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for one hour.
- 20 min.After they have risen, fry the doughnuts until they are golden brown on both sides.
- 3 min.To finish, sprinkle a little icing sugar over the top.