Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Separate the yolks from 3 hard-boiled eggs; the whites will not be used in this recipe.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Add the egg yolks after passing through a sieve.
If you don't have a sieve, chop them really finely.
- 4 min.Knead until evenly mixed.
- Gather the pastry into a flat cake, wrap in plastic film and refirgerate for 1 hour.
This pastry can be made the day before or a couple of days beforehand.
- 8 min.Roll out the pastry thinly and line the tin or mould.
- 5 min.Roll out the excess pastry again and cut into strips about 1/2 inch (1 cm) wide and as long as the diameter of your tin.
Heat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 2 min.Put 250 g raspberry jam and 150 g Stewed apple (compote) into a bowl.
- 2 min.Mix with a whisk...
- 2 min....and pour into the tart case.
- 5 min.Lay the strips of pastry in a lattice over the top.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes, watching the pastry for colour towards the end of cooking.
Remarks:A common mistake with Linzer torte these days is to make it too sweet. This is why it is important to use this special pastry, rather than classic sweetcrust pastry, and also why adding the stewed apple is a good tip.
Ground hazelnuts can be used instead of almonds.
You can brush the lattice strips with beaten egg-yolk to glaze them and help them brown more quickly.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Stewed apple (compote): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Apple and pear tart, Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), Amiens macaroons, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Liège waffles, Sandwich bread, Sweet pastry, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Genoese croque-monsieur, Spinach on toast with bechamel, French toast "cordon bleu", Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Roasted Cauliflower, ... [All]