Step by step recipe:
- 8 min.
- 1 hourWeigh 150 g egg, put into a bowl and leave for at least 1 hour to come to room temperature.
Take the butter out of the fridge as well and leave at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Beat on medium/high speed until thoroughly mixed.
- 3 min.Add the eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- 2 min.The mixture may curdle slightly, with bits of butter that do not mix in properly.
If this happens, stop beating and stand the bowl in a pan of hot water. Beat by hand until the mixture becomes smooth again (about 1 minute).
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Add the walnuts and 60 g rolled oats to the flour and mix.
- 30 min.Tip this into the food-mixer bowl and fold in using a soft spatula.
- 40 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Put the cake mixture into a tin or mould and bake for about 40 minutes. Check to see if it cooked 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.