Step by step recipe:
- 8 min.
- 1 hourWeigh 150 g egg, put into a bowl and leave for at least 1 hour to come to room temperature.
Take the butter out of the fridge as well and leave at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Beat on medium/high speed until thoroughly mixed.
- 3 min.Add the eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- 2 min.The mixture may curdle slightly, with bits of butter that do not mix in properly.
If this happens, stop beating and stand the bowl in a pan of hot water. Beat by hand until the mixture becomes smooth again (about 1 minute).
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Add the walnuts and 60 g rolled oats to the flour and mix.
- 30 min.Tip this into the food-mixer bowl and fold in using a soft spatula.
- 40 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Put the cake mixture into a tin or mould and bake for about 40 minutes. Check to see if it cooked 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:The longer the mixture has to stand before cooking, the more the flavours will develop, so you can prepare it the day before cooking and leave overnight in the fridge.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chestnut cake, Artichoke hearts forestier , Plain cake, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Mayonnaise, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed Green Vegetables, Cabbage julienne with ham, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Fish in a sesame crust, Pesto crackers, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vanilla sugar, Quick Strawberry Millefeuille, Sushi, Galette Charentaise, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, ... [All]