Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Begin by toasting 100 g pecan nuts: spread them out on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C (360°F).
- 5 min.Chop 50 g dried apricots.
You can soak them in 3 tablespoons rum or brandy beforehand, if you wish, but this is not essential.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
Choose a tin or tray of moulds for small cakes (muffin type), preferably in silicon. Place 1 teaspoonful of the butter and sugar mixture in the bottom of each mould and add a few pieces of pecan nut.
- 5 min.Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle, then spread all over with the remaining butter and sugar mixture.
Note: if your pastry comes with a sheet of cooking parchment, leave this under the pastry - it makes rolling out much easier.
- 5 min.Spread the apricots, 50 g raisins and the roughly chopped pecan nuts over the pastry as evenly as possible.
- 3 min.Roll up the pastry into a tight roll.
- 5 min.You can brush the roll with beaten egg if you wish, but this is not essential.
Cut the roll into six equal sections of around 2-3 cm (1-1.2 inches) long.
You can trim off the rough ends of the roll and cook these seperately on a baking sheet.
- 5 min.Stand the rolls in the moulds on top of the butter mixture.
- 25 min.Bake for around 25 minutes, watching for colouration.
- 3 min.