Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Begin by toasting 100 g pecan nuts: spread them out on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C (360°F).
- 5 min.Chop 50 g dried apricots.
You can soak them in 3 tablespoons rum or brandy beforehand, if you wish, but this is not essential.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
Choose a tin or tray of moulds for small cakes (muffin type), preferably in silicon. Place 1 teaspoonful of the butter and sugar mixture in the bottom of each mould and add a few pieces of pecan nut.
- 5 min.Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle, then spread all over with the remaining butter and sugar mixture.
Note: if your pastry comes with a sheet of cooking parchment, leave this under the pastry - it makes rolling out much easier.
- 5 min.Spread the apricots, 50 g raisins and the roughly chopped pecan nuts over the pastry as evenly as possible.
- 3 min.Roll up the pastry into a tight roll.
- 5 min.You can brush the roll with beaten egg if you wish, but this is not essential.
Cut the roll into six equal sections of around 2-3 cm (1-1.2 inches) long.
You can trim off the rough ends of the roll and cook these seperately on a baking sheet.
- 5 min.Stand the rolls in the moulds on top of the butter mixture.
- 25 min.Bake for around 25 minutes, watching for colouration.
- 3 min.
Remarks:If you are not using a silicon mould, be sure to turn the rolls out as soon as you remove them from the oven, otherwise the caramel will harden and they will stick. They are then impossible to remove without breaking.
Source:Home made, based on a recipe by Ina Garten.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Maroilles cheese quiche, Saint Honoré cake, Koulibiak in pie dish, Small foie gras pasties, Apple and pear tart, ... [All]
- Pecan nuts: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Flaky brownie brioche, Brownie, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), Flaky chocolate brioche, Brioche dough, Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, Cocotte eggs with Comté, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond dacquoise, Tea and white chocolate biscuits, Stewed rhubarb, Pancake batter, Checkerboard biscuits, ... [All]