Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.
- 15 min.Put in the oven and cook until choux are golden brown.
Leave to cool on a rack.
- 20 min.With a steak knife, split each choux in half, horizontally.
- 15 min.Fill each choux with a teaspoon of vanilla ice-cream.
- 5 min.And finally, top with plenty of chocolate sauce, warm or hot, and serve immediately.
Remarks:Classic profiteroles, as in this recipe, can be varied many ways: "inversed" with chocolate ice-cream and custard (crème anglaise), "mint out" with chocolate ice-cream, and mint crème anglaise or "mint in" with mint ice-cream and chocolate sauce, etc.
If you like them, you can sprinkle chopped almonds with the sugar top of dough heaps.
It's a dessert that can easily be made in advance, but filling with ice-cream and topping with chocolate sauce must be done at the last minute.
Contrary to most other recipes and websites, I think that profiteroles should be made with small "bite-size" puffs rather than big ones which need to be cut before eating. You should be able to eat profiteroles with a teaspoon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Choux pastry (pâte à choux): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gougères, Pets de nonne, Paris-Brest, Chouquettes, Valay-Brest, ... [All]
- Chocolate sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Like Bounty, Poire Belle Hélène, ... [All]
- Vanilla ice cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Alaska, Ice-cream Vacherin, Peach Melba, Little caramelized peach tarts, Poire Belle Hélène, ... [All]