Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Roll out the puff pastry and cut circles about 3-4 inches (8-10 cm) diameter, allowing one per peson. A cutter is the best way to do this.
Lay the circles on a baking sheet and dust with icing sugar. Then lay a second baking sheet or wire rack on top to prevent them puffing up too much in the oven.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes until the pastry is nicely browned. Set aside.
- 15 min.Peel 3 peaches (use the same method as for tomatoes.
Slice each peach into 8 segments and trim off the inner edge of each one, as this can sometimes be rather hard where it was next to the stone.
- 4 min.
- Add the sliced peaches...
- 3 min....and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes in the caramel.
- 6 min.Sit a circle of puff pastry on each plate and arrange the peach slices on top.
- 7 min.Make a syrup by pouring the juice of 1 orange and ½ lemon into the pan (still on high heat).
Leave to reduce, stirring from time to time, until the syrup thickens.
- 6 min.Pour over the sliced peaches while still hot.
- 5 min.Top with a ball or quenelle of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
Remarks:This recipe can be varied with other fruits (citrus segments, for example) and different flavours of ice cream. Another delicious combination is white peaches with fresh mint ice-cream.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Vanilla ice cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ice-cream Vacherin, Peach Melba, Baked Alaska, Poire Belle Hélène, Profiteroles, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caramelised apple pie, Beef Wellington, Vol-au-vent cases, Leek and fresh tuna tart, Mini palmiers, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rum babas, Fresh mint ice-cream, Real custard sauce (crème anglaise), Four quarters, Meringues, ... [All]