Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Squeeze the juice of 4 oranges. This should give you about 300ml.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Start mixing on slow speed...
- 1 min....until evenly mixed: the orange butter or "Suzette butter".
- 15 min.Fill each pancake with 2 knobs of butter and fold over into a triangle.
This short video shows you how.
- 2 min.Prepare all the pancakes like this.
You can do this stage beforehand, even the day before, and keep the pancakes in the fridge, wrapped in stretch plastic film.
It will remain some Suzette butter, it's fine.
- 1 min.Shortly before serving, melt the remainng Suzette butter in a large frying pan.
- 3 min.Add the pancakes to the frying pan and cook them to caramelize slightly (do this in batches if necessary) on both sides.
- 1 min.Pour the orange juice into the pan.
- 5 min.Leave for a few minutes to reduce and thicken.
- 5 min.Transfer the pancakes onto the serving plates, pour the orange syrup over and serve immediately.
Remarks:If you don't have any Grand Marnier, you can use another orange liqueur, such as Cointreau.
If you enjoy the contrast between hot and cold, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Crêpes Suzette are not normally served 'flambé'.
In Brussels, Belgium, in the brasserie "Aux armes" you can taste "crêpes Comédie Française" which are pancakes with butter Suzette, Flambed with Mandarine Napoléon and vanilla ice-cream.
Source:Home made, after Auguste Escoffier.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little caramelized peach tarts, Spinach Omelette, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Chocolate mousse, Cheese Soufflé, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond dacquoise, Stewed apricots, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Ciabatta, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mirlitons, Santiago Cake, Quince and apple compote, Gâteau Nantais, Liège waffles, ... [All]
- Pancake: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Yvetot Douillons, Sweet pancake rolls from Brittany, ... [All]