Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.Prepare 700 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), cover and leave to cool, stirring from time to time with a whisk.
- 1 hour
- 20 min.If possible, seal the bottom of the pastry case with 50 g white chocolate.
- 10 min.Spread 700 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream) in an even layer in the bottom of the tart.
It is not essential, but this is easier with a forcing bag.
- 10 min.Cut the stalks off the strawberries and arrange them on top of the custard layer.
There are various ways to do this. The simplest, in my opinion, is to stand whole fruit vertically and work inwards towards the centre.
- 10 min.Then finish with a few strawberries cut in half vertically to form a sort of flower in the centre.
- 5 min.You can glaze the tart if you wish, but this is not essential.
Keep in the fridge, but remember to take it out 30 minutes before serving.
Remarks:The proportions are given for a 26 cm (10 inch) diameter tart.
Do choose your strawberries carefully and taste them if possible to make sure that you are buying the ones with the most flavour.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Strawberry feuilleté, Strawberry Charlotte, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Eton mess, Strawberry sorbet, ... [All]
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond cream or frangipane, Puits d'amour, Saint Honoré cake, St Tropez tart, Pistachio cream, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Exotic fruit tart, How to roll out pastry for a tart, Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, Strawberry Verveine Tart , How to bake blind a pastry cake , ... [All]