Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Cut 100 g belly (streaky) bacon into small pieces, then fry rapidly in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan on high heat.
- 2 min.Add the cabbage, mix and cook for a further 1 or 2 minutes.
- 5 min.Pour in the beaten eggs and turn down the heat.
Fold the sides in towards the centre with a wooden spatula.
- 5 min.As soon as the bottom of the omelette is set enough, fold over, turn off the heat, cover and leave to finish for 5 minutes off the heat.
Serve without delay.
Remarks:Use smoked bacon if possible as this will give your omelette more flavour.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green cabbage: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed green vegetables, Alsatian-style salad, Stuffed cabbage leaves, Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, Coleslaw, ... [All]
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sunday night pasta, Confit of carrots with bacon, Fried egg in bread, Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to fry eggs well, How to cook hard-boiled eggs properly , Fresh pasta dough, Cannelés, Gâteau Nantais, ... [All]