Step by step recipe:
- 8 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Prepare 400 g broccoli, including the stalk (cut into pieces) as it will be blended.
- 5 min.Boil the broccoli in salted water until just tender.
Drain when cooked.
- 3 min.
- ...until the mixture is smooth.
- 3 min.Pour the mixture into ramekins and stand these in a baking tray or dish, then fill this with boiling water to halfway up the ramekins.
- 20 min.Put this bain-marie in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Check if cooked the same as for a cake.
- 5 min.Turn the custard out onto the serving plate.
Remarks:This custard is delicious on its own but with meat in a sauce, such as two-stage beef chuck, it is a mouth-watering alternative to potatoes.
Do take care not to overcook the broccoli. To ensure that it stays beautifully green, stop the cooking as soon as it is just tender. The same goes for the custard, which will dry out if cooked too long.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Light Broccoli Soup, Potato and broccoli gratin, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Alsatian apple tart, Chocolate mug cake, Apple Batter Puddings, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and Comté Loaf, Arlesian Biscuits, Rabbit terrine, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), Elsa's Comtoise galette, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Nicholas's fish, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Little vegetable omelettes, Stock-pot fish , Caesar salad, ... [All]