Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Begin by cooking the langoustines briefly in boiling salted water.
Remove the shells.
- 40 min.
- 1 min.Melt 50 g Clarified butter in a large frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the langoustines.
Leave to cook for 1 minute.
- 1 min.Add 1 teaspoon chilli powder and leave to cook for 30 seconds while stirring.
- 1 min.Add 2 tablespoons Brandy (Cognac or Armagnac) and bring to the boil, then set alight to flambé.
Remove the langoustines from the pan and set aside to keep hot.
- 5 min.Pour 100 ml liquid cream into the pan, then salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and leave to reduce and thicken.
- 1 min.Transfer the langoustines back to the pan and leave in the sauce for a further 30 seconds on the heat.
Check the seasoning.
- Serve on hot plates with the potato grenaille.
Remarks:If you don't have any cognac, you can use Noilly Prat instead.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Langoustines (scampi): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Langoustine and leek tarts, Langoustine sabayon tart, Turban of sole with langoustines, Langoustine gratin, Sesame fried scampi, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable pie, Potato gratin, "Day After Pork Belly" Soup, Pan-fried potatoes, How to cook potato grenaille , ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, Pasta with mushrooms, Endive and beer soup, Apple Batter Puddings, ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Warm apple feuillantines, Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , White asparagus salad, Spring veal sauté , ... [All]