Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Begin by cooking the langoustines briefly in boiling salted water.
Remove the shells.
- 40 min.
- 1 min.Melt 50 g Clarified butter in a large frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the langoustines.
Leave to cook for 1 minute.
- 1 min.Add 1 teaspoon chilli powder and leave to cook for 30 seconds while stirring.
- 1 min.Add 2 tablespoons Brandy (Cognac or Armagnac) and bring to the boil, then set alight to flambé.
Remove the langoustines from the pan and set aside to keep hot.
- 5 min.Pour 100 ml liquid cream into the pan, then salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and leave to reduce and thicken.
- 1 min.Transfer the langoustines back to the pan and leave in the sauce for a further 30 seconds on the heat.
Check the seasoning.
- Serve on hot plates with the potato grenaille.
Remarks:If you don't have any cognac, you can use Noilly Prat instead.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Langoustines (scampi): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Langoustine gratin, Turban of sole with langoustines, Langoustine sabayon tart, Langoustine and leek tarts, Sesame fried scampi, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Hot box cheese , Warm Leek and Potato Salad, Leek and potato soup, Fisherman's Ragout, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Vegetable rosette tart, Shallot confit tart, French toast "cordon bleu", ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Roast beef "like they do it in Santa Fe", Fillets of sole meunière, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, ... [All]