Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.Begin by preparing the vegetables: wash, peel and cut them up.
Carrots and turnips: cut into small chunks.
Cabbage: shred or cut into julienne.
Brussels sprouts: cut in half lengthways.
Romanesco and broccoli: separate into small florets.
- 40 min.Cook each type of vegetable separately, boiling in salted water until barely cooked and still slightly firm.
When cooked, remove from the water, cool under running water and drain thoroughly.
- Cook all the vegetables like this - one after the other, not all together.
Note: After cooking all the vegetables, you will have a vegetable stock that can be used in another recipe.
- Once all the vegetables have been cooked and drained, mix them in a bowl.
- 1 min.Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
Dry the veal chop on absorbant paper, then season with salt and pepper.
- 5 min.Use a frying pan that can go in the oven and melt 50 g Clarified butter on high heat.
When good and hot, add the veal chop and brown all over (including the edge).
- 1 min.Add to the frying pan the garlic, thyme, bayleaf and rosemary around the meat.
- 1 hourPut the frying pan in the oven for about 1 hour.
- During roasting, baste the chop from time to time with the juices released.
- 5 min.Pour off the meat juices into a large pan and leave the meat to keep hot in the oven after it is turned off.
Tip the vegetables into the pan and reheat in the meat juices.
- Heat the serving plate, lay the meat in the centre and arrange the vegetables all around.
Remarks:The list of vegetables is for guidance, so use what is in season, preferably with a good mix of flavours and colours.
And to drink?A red that's fairly low in tannin, such as a Beaujolais, Morgon or Moulin à Vent.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Veal : You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Spring veal sauté , Sausagemeat, Saltimbocca, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, ... [All]
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Light Broccoli Soup, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Sautéed Green Vegetables, Broccoli savoury custard, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, ... [All]
- Turnip: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Stock-pot fish , Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Couscous, Taos hotpot, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, ... [All]
- Green cabbage: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bacon and cabbage omelette, How to prepare cabbage, Smooth mixed vegetable soup, Stock-pot fish , Alsatian-style salad, ... [All]