Step by step recipe:
- 8 min.Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Spread a layer of potato purée in the bottom of each ramekin.
- 5 min.Add a layer of duck.
- 5 min.You can add a few small pieces of foie gras if you wish.
- 8 min.Cover with a second layer of potato purée.
- 5 min.Scatter grated cheese over the top and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes...
- 20 min....until the top is nicely browned.
Remarks:If you don't have duck, you can use any other poultry meat, but duck has the best flavour. The ultimate is to use duck that has been cooked long and slowly, like five hours poultry.
For the cheese, I recommend Comté or Gruyère, but this is not essential. Your favourite cheese for grating will work just fine.
Source:After Joel Robuchon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potato purée: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potato and two ham gratin, Colcannon, Upside-down Parmentier, Aligot, Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, ... [All]
- Cooked chicken : You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken with rice and leeks, Chicken and mushroom pie, Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, Ham "friand" pie, Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, Spinach Croque-monsieur , ... [All]