Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 40 min.Wrap the sausages in aluminium foil and cook in the oven at 360°F (180°C) for about 40 minutes.
- 3 min.Rinse, peel and chop 100 g spring onion (scallion).
- 3 min.Melt 50 g butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the cabbage and onion.
Salt, pepper and cook gently for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 2 min.
- Serve on hot plates, with a bed of colcannon and the sausages sliced on top.
Remarks:As you can see, I have added sausages here (smoked), but my friend Frances from Dublin tells me that in Ireland they don't normally serve meat with colcannon, except for maybe a bit of bacon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potato purée: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fried rillettes, Aligot, Upside-down Parmentier, Dauphinoise potatoes with Serano ham, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, ... [All]
- Green cabbage: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Sautéed Green Vegetables, Bacon and cabbage omelette, Smooth mixed vegetable soup, ... [All]
- Sausage: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sausages with baked beans, French style, Roscoff loaf, ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Corn salad with croutons, Sautéed green vegetables, Light herb sauce, Prawn salad with a crunch, Spring veal sauté , ... [All]