Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.
Prepare the filling
Cut 300 g chicken breast and 300 g belly (streaky) bacon into small dice.
- 5 min.Fry the bacon in a frying pan on high heat, then set aside.
- 5 min.Use the same frying pan to fry the diced chicken in the bacon fat.
- 1 min.When the chicken is nicely browned, retrun the bacon to the pan, salt and pepper, then stir together to blend the flavours.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 2 min.
Prepare the pumpkins
Use one small pumpkin (about 11 ounces or 300 g) per person.
Slice just a little off the bottom so that it will sit firmly on the plate.
Take care to leave a good thickness of skin, or the pumpkin may leak during cooking.
- 4 min.Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds from the centre of each pumpkin, then
salt and pepper the inside.
- 1 min.Fill the pumpkin with a layer of meat.
- 1 min.Add a layer of chestnuts, sliced fairly thickly.
- 1 min.Add a second layer of meat.
- 2 min.Fill up to the top with cream, then salt and pepper again.
- 40 min.
Cook the pumpkins
Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.
Remarks:You can use other fillings if you prefer, of course, but the combination of another meat with bacon works really well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, Taos hotpot, Potimarron braised in meat jus, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, ... [All]
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pan-fried chicken breast on mozzarella, Coq au vin, Chinese Soup, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Chicken club sandwich, ... [All]
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: "Land and sea" kebabs, Larded pork tenderloin, Rillons de Tours, Sausagemeat, Rabbit terrine, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eton mess, Rabbit civet "à la normande", Shallot confit tart, Thin endive tart, Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, ... [All]