Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.
Prepare the fillingsMix 200 g cream cheese with your choice of finely chopped herbs (chives and parsley here).
Pepper generously and salt if necessary (this will depend on your cheese).
- 5 min.Slice 200 g belly (streaky) bacon thinly, if not already sliced. Fry in a frying pan, or better still grill (broil), until nicely browned.
- 5 min.Shred 200 g lettuce "en chiffonade".
- 4 min.
Assemble the sandwichesSpread a layer of cheese with herbs on each slice of bread.
Lay a sardine in oil on each slice, after slicing into 2 lengthways.
- 4 min.Top with 2 slices of bacon, then a little lettuce.
- 2 min.Finish with the second slice of bread.
For the classic serving style, hold the sandwich together with a toothpick through each half, then cut into triangles.
Remarks:The shredded lettuce can be livened up with french dressing (vinaigrette) before adding to the sandwich.
As with any sandwich recipe, the amounts are very approximate, so do feel free to adapt and use whatever you have available.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Confit of carrots with bacon, Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, "Land and sea" kebabs, Avengers' potatoes, ... [All]
- Lettuce: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fried rillettes, Crispy cheese parcels, Lettuce "chiffonade", Valay salad, Mixed salad, ... [All]
- Cream cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Summery cheese on toast, Avocado with gravlax, Gravlax, Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Oriane's tuna rillettes , ... [All]
- Slices thin toast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Scandinavian cocktail, Breton Sandwich, ... [All]