Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Lightly toast 4 slices bread.
Arrange the sardine fillets on each slice and squeeze a little lemon juice over.
- 2 min.Add some thin slices of spring onion.
- 10 min.Just before serving, top with a poached egg, then salt and pepper lightly.
Scater a few chopped chives over, both leaves and flowers.
- To enjoy this tartine at its best, the toast and egg should still both be hot when served.
Remarks:Translator's note: the title might have been translated as "fisherman's toast" but that's what some folks call eggy bread (which is "soupe dorée" to the French). This is a classic "tartine" that can be found in many different versions, so I preferred to keep the French name.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sardines in oil : You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Surf and turf club sandwich, ... [All]
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, Winemaker's toast, Spinach on toast with bechamel, Baked leek and Camembert slices, White asparagus salad, ... [All]
- Poached eggs: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs meurette, Eggs Benedict , Fried bread with leek and poached egg , Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Creamy risotto with vegetables , Summery cheese on toast, Minestrone, Spring veal sauté , Lebanese Tabbouleh, ... [All]