Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut 200 g cervelas into small dice (discard the skin).
- 20 min.Boil 500 g potatoes.
- 5 min.Slice 50 g gherkins in vinegar into rounds.
- 3 min.Chop the parsley.
- 3 min.Put the cervelas, gherkins and parsley into a salad bowl.
- 15 min.Peel the potatoes and slice them. Add to the salad while still hot, if possible.
- 3 min.Add the vinaigrette and mix well.
Your cervelas salad is ready.
Remarks:You can use capers instead of gherkins.
[Translator's note: the cervelas, so beloved of the Swiss, inspired the saveloy: that highly seasoned sausage, originally made with brains, now more of an overgrown frankfurter, served with chips as a staple of British takeaway fare.].
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked potoatoes with herb butter or cream , Valay salad, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Morteau sausage, Minestrone, ... [All]
- Cervelas: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Piedmont salad, Green Piedmont Salad, ... [All]
- Gherkins in vinegar : You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crunchy verrines, Piedmont salad, Prawn salad with a crunch, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leeks in vinaigrette , Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Herb salad, Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Alsatian-style salad, ... [All]