Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
Prepare the grenailleThoroughly wash 1 kg potatoes of very small size in lukewarm water.
- 5 min.Drain and transfer them to a large saucepan.
Use this opportunity to check each potato, trimming off any eyes and bad bits, and discard any black, green or damaged potatoes.
- 10 min.
First-stage cooking: boilingCover the potatoes with cold water and bring to the boil.
Boil until the potatoes are just barely cooked.
- Drain the potatoes.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.When the oil is hot, add the potatoes and stir well to coat them with oil.
- 20 min.Leave the grenaille to fry, stirring from time to time...
- ...until nicely browned.
Salt and pepper.
- This is goes very well with grilled meat, for example.
Remarks:You can also try frying in clarified butter instead of oil.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Morteau sausage, Maroilles cheese quiche, Salt cod brandade, Leek and potato soup, Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette), ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Winegrowers' sausage casserole, Taos hotpot, Fillet of beef in a rosemary crust, Rémoulade dressing, Steak burger topped with egg, ... [All]
- Bayleaf: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Oxtail Parmentier, Small ratatouille with , Fish in white wine, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Little vegetable omelettes, ... [All]