Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Shell 200 g peas and boil in salted water until barely tender.
Cool under the cold tap and drain them.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.Fry 100 g small pieces of bacon.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 3 min.Brush the inside of the ramekins with melted butter.
- 1 min.Put a few peas in the bottom of each ramekin.
- 1 min.Add some bacon and onions.
- 5 min.Pour in an egg white (keep the yolk separate).
- 1 min.And finish with a tablespoonful of cream.
Season with salt and pepper.
- 10 min.Cook in the oven for about 10 minutes until the egg white is set.
- Place the egg yolks on top of the ramekins and return to the oven for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a few finely snipped chives.
Remarks:It is important to only just heat the yolk through without cooking it, so no more that 1 minute in the oven.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Peas: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New York style pasta, Minestrone, Tomato ladybirds, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Maroilles cheese quiche, Aperitif rolls, Cocotte eggs with Comté, Dipping bread with cheese, Special Cheese and Walnut Sticks, ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tzatziki, Tomato sauce for pizzas, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, Mushrooms on toast, French style, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Red rice pannequets, Spinach Omelette, Crispy prawn rolls, Tomato tatin, Brioche feuilletée (flaky brioche), ... [All]