Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Potato and broccoli gratin, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Red rice pannequets, Melting Epoisses on toast , Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Eggs Benedict , Quail egg canapés, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Leek and fresh tuna tart, Cretan-style salmon , ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti with mushrooms, Coq au vin, How to prepare cockles, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]