Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: How to prepare broccoli, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Light Broccoli Soup, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rolls of fish in smoked ham, Ham spirals, Crème de foie gras, Dauphinoise potatoes with Serano ham, Red rice pannequets, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Two-olive ciabatta, Kérinou slices, Pilau rice, Endives "bonne femme", Cretan-style salmon , ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cauliflower curry, Rosemary steamed fish, Guacamole, Scallops with fondue of leeks, Cream sauce with Vin Jaune, ... [All]