Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 1 min.Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally.
- 3 min.Sprinkle the tops with fine salt, then turn upside down and stand on a wire rack. Salt the bottoms and leave to drain for a good half hour.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat. When good and hot, add the tomato halves, cut side downwards.
Fry for 2 or 3 minutes on this side.
- 3 min.Turn the tomatoes and fry for a further 2 or 3 minutes.
- 2 min.Sit the tomatoes on the rice.
- 4 min.Top each tomato with a generous layer of the stuffing mixture, then trickle a little olive oil over.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve 2 tomato halves per person on a bed of rice.
Remarks:In Step 5, it works well if you use meat juices or a little stock in place of the olive oil.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked rice: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Tomato ladybirds, Seared tuna with lemon and lime, Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Gratin of chicken with rice and sautéed mushrooms, ... [All]
- Breadcrumbs: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Curried tuna cubes, French toast "cordon bleu", Crunchy little pieces of fish, Crab Cakes, Wiener Schnitzel, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Summery cheese on toast, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Tagliatelle with cockles, Like a Boursin with garlic and herbs, Alsatian-style salad, ... [All]