Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 1 min.Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally.
- 3 min.Sprinkle the tops with fine salt, then turn upside down and stand on a wire rack. Salt the bottoms and leave to drain for a good half hour.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat. When good and hot, add the tomato halves, cut side downwards.
Fry for 2 or 3 minutes on this side.
- 3 min.Turn the tomatoes and fry for a further 2 or 3 minutes.
- 2 min.Sit the tomatoes on the rice.
- 4 min.Top each tomato with a generous layer of the stuffing mixture, then trickle a little olive oil over.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve 2 tomato halves per person on a bed of rice.
Remarks:In Step 5, it works well if you use meat juices or a little stock in place of the olive oil.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked rice: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato ladybirds, Quick stuffed courgettes, Prawn salad with a crunch, Seared tuna with lemon and lime, Rice and peas, ... [All]
- Breadcrumbs: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: French toast "cordon bleu", Crab Cakes, Curried tuna cubes, Fish in a seed crust, Crunchy little pieces of fish, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm chicken salad, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Quick prawn curry, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Crab Cakes, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caesar salad, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Chinese style chicken, Tomato pesto, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, ... [All]