Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Prepare 300 g Light herb sauce.
- 2 min.Put into a mixing bowl: 70 g instant mashed-potato powder, 1 sachet baking powder *, salt and pepper.
*Translator's note: French recipes often specify baking powder by the sachet: 1 sachet (10 g) = 2 level teaspoonsful, but because it is stronger, this is equivalent to 4 teaspoonsful of British baking powder!
- 2 min.
- 10 min.Mix well then leave to rest for 10 minutes to allow the dried potato to absorb the milk.
You should have a mixture that looks rather like mashed potato. Add a little more milk if it seems too dry.
- 3 min.Cut 80 g smoked salmon into ribbons...
- 2 min....and mix into the waffle mixture.
- 5 min.Heat your waffle maker or iron and make your waffles one or two at a time (depending on the size of your waffle maker).
- Serve the waffles piping hot, topped with a generous spoonful of really cold herb sauce.
Remarks:This basic waffle recipe can be varied easily. You can replace the salmon with all manner of other things: ribbons of ham, diced cheese, the herbs of your choice, etc.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Light herb sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potatoes with smoked salmon, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, Jam doughnuts, Cherry clafoutis, Thin endive tart, ... [All]
- Smoked salmon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cubed salad, Cucumber and salmon salad, Surprise bread, Spaghetti with smoked salmon, Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , ... [All]
- Instant mashed-potato powder: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish in a seed crust, Tomato foccacia, Aperitif rolls, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, ... [All]