Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Cook the leeks in boiling salted water until just tender, but no more. As soon as they are cooked (try one to check), drain them to keep their lovely green colour.
- 2 min.The leeks need to be drained thoroughy and the best way to do this is in a salad spinner.
- 3 min.Peel the potatoes, slice them and put in a salad bowl.
Add the leeks, pour 6 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette) over and add the chopped herbs.
- Mix and serve immediately to enjoy the salad while it is still warm.
Remarks:Thie best leeks for this recipe are the long, thin ones, as they are easier to slice into chunks.
You can steam the leeks, if you prefer, and they will need very little draining.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Leek: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cretan-style salmon , Leeks in vinaigrette , Country vegetable soup, Maroilles cheese quiche, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potato purée , Morteau sausage, Crème de foie gras, Pan-fried potatoes, Maroilles cheese quiche, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Beetroot salad with cashew nuts, Mixed salad stack, French bean salad with vinaigrette , Mixed tomato salad, ... [All]
- Herbs of your choice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chicken and Avocado Salad, Rice and peas, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Tender tuna, Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , ... [All]