Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Cook the leeks in boiling salted water until just tender, but no more. As soon as they are cooked (try one to check), drain them to keep their lovely green colour.
- 2 min.The leeks need to be drained thoroughy and the best way to do this is in a salad spinner.
- 3 min.Peel the potatoes, slice them and put in a salad bowl.
Add the leeks, pour 6 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette) over and add the chopped herbs.
- Mix and serve immediately to enjoy the salad while it is still warm.
Remarks:Thie best leeks for this recipe are the long, thin ones, as they are easier to slice into chunks.
You can steam the leeks, if you prefer, and they will need very little draining.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken breasts with tarragon, Mushroom velouté, Comtoise tart for Seàn, Leek and potato soup, Piedmont salad, ... [All]
- Leek: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken pie, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Potimarron and leek soup, Flamiche, Thaï rice with small vegetables, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed salad stack, Warm lentil salad, Chicken club sandwich, Chickpea salad, Mixed salad, ... [All]