Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel and chop 500 g mushrooms fairly small.
If possibile, use mushrooms which have some character to them, such as shiitake or king oyster.
- 1 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- 10 min.Sauter the mushrooms until golden brown.
At the end of frying, you can add a little lemon juice to bring out the mushrooms' flavour, but this is not essential.
- 1 min.Pour 250 ml liquid cream into the frying pan.
- Leave to reduce on low heat.
- 8 min.Meanwhile, cook the penne.
- 2 min.When the penne are cooked, drain well, then add to the mushrooms and mix well.
That's all there is to it.
Remarks:You don't have to use penne, any other pasta you prefer will work just as well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed Mushrooms, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Chicken and mushroom pie, Lumberjack turnovers, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, ... [All]
- Pasta: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to cook pasta properly, Pasta with mushrooms, Tagliatelle with cockles, Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Sunday night pasta, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, Pain perdu, Filo leeks and cheese tart, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Salmon with sorrel, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Thin endive tart, Chicken breasts with tarragon, New York style pasta, Sautéd broccoli with ham, Preserved tomatoes, ... [All]