Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Knead until the dough begins to hold together.
For sealing, there is no need to work the dough any more than this.
- 20 min.Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
This dough can easily be made the day before using, or even several days in advance and frozen.
Sealing the dishRoll the dough into a long "sausage" 1/2 to 1 inch (1 or 2 cm) thick.
- The roll needs to be long enough to go all the way round the lid of your dish.
- Fill the dish with whatever you are going to cook: meat, vegetables, fish, etc. The dish is empty in these photos as they are just to show the idea.
Lay the roll of dough around the top edge of the dish, pressing gently to hold it in place.
- 5 min.Put the lid on top and press firmly to seal. The lid should have sunk some way into the dough.
- 2 min.
- Cook as long as required for the recipe.
Remarks:The herbes de Provence are added to make the dough more attractive and they smell wonderful during cooking. You can perfume your dough with different herbs or spices to complement whatever is in the dish.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Panettone, Peanut rolls, Toasted-flour biscuits, Meatballs, Kouign-amann brioche, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fresh fruit in sabayon, Langoustine sabayon tart, Natural leaven, Panettone, Rabbit civet "à la normande", ... [All]
- Fine (or table) salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: X-Files cookies, How to prepare beaten egg-yolk, Cocotte eggs with Comté, Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), ... [All]