Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 15 min.
- 15 min.Peel 2 carrots and 2 turnips, wash, dry and cut into small pieces.
- 15 min.Shell 100 g peas; or if using frozen ones, remove from freezer.
- 10 min.Cut 2 chicken breasts into medium sized pieces.
- 5 min.Pick 1 bunch coriander leaves off their stalks.
Dry 150 g beansprouts.
- 2 min.Put about 3 or 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
When very hot add the garlic and shallot, add salt and pepper. Cook while stirring for a minute or two.
- 3 min.Add carrots and turnips, stir well and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 1 min.Meanwhile, put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small frying pan, then add 50 g whole almonds.
- 5 min.Cook about 5 minutes, until the almonds are golden brown. Set aside.
- 10 min.Add to leek to carrots and turnips, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
Add peas and beansprouts, salt and pepper, juice of ½ lime, mix well and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 3 min.Meanwhile, put 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan on high heat. When it's hot add the chicken pieces and cook until they are well browned. Do not salt.
- 5 min.Then add soy sauce, and cook while stirring frequently to turn the chicken in the soy sauce.
- 3 min.Add the cooked almonds to the vegetables, add the chicken pieces, and mix well.
- 1 min.At the last minute, with scissors, cut the coriander over the pan, mix well and serve.
Remarks:If you don't have coriander, you can use parsley but only as a solution of last resort. Try to use fresh coriander, it is very important for the taste of this recipe.
And to drink?A well chilled rosé.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Peas: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken breasts in a potato crust, Macédoine of vegetables, New York style pasta, Rice and peas, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, ... [All]
- Whole almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, X-Files cookies, Chocolate Truffles, Praline, Tomato pesto, ... [All]